The Learning Skills Centre offers one-to-one consultations for distance students by phone and email. You can book an appointment by following these steps.
- Contact the LSC, by phone: (03) 364 2314 or Toll Free 0800 763 676, ext 6314
- Have in mind some dates/times that you would be available for a consultation. Our administrator will book a time for you with a learning advisor.
- If you’d like assistance with an assignment or essay, email your work to your assigned learning advisor before 9.00 am on the day of your appointment, along with specific questions or concerns that you have.
- Please include the essay/assignment question if you have one.
- The advisor will read your paper for the first 25 minutes prior to calling you. For example if your appointment is at 2.00 pm, you will be phoned at 2.25 pm.
- You and the advisor will work through the issues that you have both identified in the assignment, essay or report. Be ready to take notes and be sure to have your questions prepared!
- The total time of your appointment, including reading, will be 50 minutes. You are welcome to make an appointment as often as every two weeks.